Speech by Mr Kenneth Chia, Executive Director, Singapore Maritime Foundation at The 40th Maritime Knowledge Shipping Session
7 October 2020, 2PM – 4PM
Ladies and gentlemen,
1. On behalf of SMF and GIA, thank you for joining us at the virtual 40th Maritime Knowledge Shipping Session (MKSS). I am delighted to see such a good turnout today. I hope that today’s webinar “Navigating Our Way Through Chaotic Times” has provided you with deeper insights into the marine insurance and maritime landscape today, with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
2. With greater awareness and understanding of the current market outlook and the impact of COVID-19, I believe that you are now better equipped to prepare yourselves and your clients for the new normal.
3. In closing, I would like to thank our four speakers, Mr Paul Hackett, Mr Rama Chandran, Mr Paul Collier and Mr Patrick Kirkman, for taking the time to share with us your expertise, as well as Mr Nick White for moderating the panel discussion.
4. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank LCH Lockton Pte Ltd for their continuous support and sponsorship of the MKSS throughout the years.
5. To our participants, I hope that you will continue to show your support for the MKSS seminars and encourage your fellow colleagues to attend future sessions.
6. Once again, thank you all for joining us today.